Open source + commercial

M. Drew Streib dtype at dtype.org
Fri Sep 14 16:37:47 UTC 2001

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 02:12:04PM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> What I'm looking for is a Free Software license, that enables anyone to
> use/modify/publish the source code, but only for non-commercial products. And
> if anybody wants to use it in a commercial product, they have to pay someone.
>
> Does something like this exist ? Maybe it was the other Qt license which may
> not be OSI-approved ?

This license would not be OSI approved, as it would not fit the Open
Source definition.

Restricting use to non-commercial software violates section 6 of the OSD,
restricting use in a field of endeavor.

The license you look for does exist, but you won't find it here.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype at dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/
FSG <dtype at freestandards.org>    | Linux International <dtype at li.org>