newsforge story

sambc at nights.force9.co.uk sambc at nights.force9.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 15:59:22 UTC 2001

>sambc at nights.force9.co.uk writes:
> > A small group of people who make a commitment to
> > the job would, over a short period, focus upon one
> > license and provide a report summarising there
> > views and those expressed on license-discuss.
>
>Nothing is stopping anyone from doing this now, and reporting their
>results to the license-discuss mailing list.

Well I am hoping to do this with a small group of
people shortly. What I ask is the consideration of
the possibility that this be rolled into OSI
procedure *if* it seems useful as we try it. If we
do this work, and the Board still have to spend
just as long deciding results at meeting, then it
benefits no one. Certainly the main reason I, and
I expect some others, are prepared to work for
this and would like to see it happen is that we
would like to see an improvement in the throuput
of the approval process, and a clearing of the
backlog, and some of us are prepared to work to
acheive this.

--
Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Designer/Programmer,