W3C license

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 5 20:46:55 UTC 2001

begin Rodent of Unusual Size quotation:

> Or, to quote Russ exactly, "This has the beneficial effect of making
> it harder to create Yet Another open source license."

The correctness of Russ's statement as posted should be apparent.  I
fail to see the utility of debate.

> I agree with keeping the number of essentially identical licences
> to a minimum.  I do *not* agree with accomplishing that by
> discouraging people from trying.

Perhaps you should contemplate the connotations of Russ's phrase "Yet
Another open source license."  I think most people got his point without
exegesis.

--
Cheers,              "By reading this sentence, you agree to be bound by the
Rick Moen             terms of the Internet Protocol, version 4, or, at your