Is inherited class a derivative work?

Angelo Schneider angelo.schneider at oomentor.de
Wed Oct 24 15:32:10 UTC 2001

Hi!

This has absolutly nothing to do with inheritance nor, reffering to the
name of this list: licenses.
See below.

Michael Beck wrote:

> > ----------

                  ^^^^^^^^^^

Micro Star made a Sequel to a game from FormGen.
This is not allowed under copyright law.
Or am I allowed to make a sequell to "Star Wars"?

> Productions, Inc. v. Publications Int'l, Ltd., 996 F.2d 1366, 1377 (2d Cir.
> 1993). Only FormGen has the right to enter that market; whether it chooses to do
> so is entirely its business. "

The court ruling you bring up here as no relation at all to inheritance.
If you would write Office YP, the sequell to Office XP, you do not need
to inherite, reuse, copy whatsoever any code of Microsoft XP to get a
court suit VERY soon.

> Michael
>
> --

Regards,
	Angelo

Angelo Schneider         OOAD/UML         Angelo.Schneider at oomentor.de
Putlitzstr. 24       Patterns/FrameWorks          Fon: +49 721 9812465
76137 Karlsruhe           C++/JAVA                Fax: +49 721 9812467