Is inherited class a derivative work?

Michael Beck mbeck1 at compuserve.com
Mon Oct 22 17:28:33 UTC 2001

[...]

Greg, I don't have any problems with both of your examples. It seems that both
of them are aggregation, i.e. the end user still has to build a house according
to my blueprint, and a garage according to your blueprint. Nothing wrong with
it.
The issue would be if my house had a garage, and you would replace it with
yours. Then you would be effectively changing my design. Can we agree on this?

Michael