Open5ource.net's focus tweaked: "pre-news"

Steve Mallett steve at opensourcedirectory.com
Sat Oct 6 22:36:52 UTC 2001

Sorry for the cross post.

After some *very* helpful comments from you guys I've been able to better
focus the o5 site.  While, I think, it's still useful to note important news,
what is really helpful is tracking the important conversations and
discussions that are taking place within the subsets of our community so we
can get the *whole picture* of what's going on.  I dubbed it as 'pre-news'.

I posted Larry's original post to FSB about business models on the site:
(http://open5ource.org/article.php?sid=6&mode=thread&order=0)
While not 'news' it's definately interesting to read this type of thing, esp.
if you're bunkered down (no pun intended) with your thoughts on your own
special project/topic.  Someone who would never subscribe to FSB or
License-discuss would probably like to see the odd piece that is generated in
these sub-communities.  And vice-versa.

And that was the bulk of the comments:  News is done, but pointing out good
o.s. conversations and interesting subject matter is not.

Perhaps this will help us make more "good news" on the other sites.
--
Steve Mallett | Stable, Open-Source Apps
http://OpenSourceDirectory.org | steve at opensourcedirectory.com

Project-Listing Maintenance In A Can: http://trovesendtwo.sf.net

webmaster at opensource.org  (Aug 15th/01,
I have nothing to do with license approval.)

http://Open5ource.net |  What's happening in Open-Source?

"Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good."
        -- Mohandas Gandhi