binary restrictions?

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 7 20:10:29 UTC 2001

on Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 08:21:24PM +0200, Steve Lhomme (steve.lhomme at free.fr) wrote:

> [...]

Because compiled works are less favorable for modifications.  They're
not the "best form" of a work.  Specifically, they're not the "preferred
for for making modifications" to the work.  Better to go with the source
form than the compiled form, where appropriate.  Likewise proscriptions
against obfuscated or machine-generated sources.

This is consistent with traditions of copyright filing with the US
Library of Congress, which identifies "best works" and preferred forms
for making filings.

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org