Self-certification

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Oct 3 19:11:19 UTC 2001

Forrest J. Cavalier III writes:
 > opensource.org has always been laid out as a website for
 > producers. (I think it sort of invites you to write your own
 > license, based on the ordering and wording of links.)  But
 > isn't the purpose of a mark to inform consumers, not producers?
 >
 > Perhaps the opensource.org certification mark page (or something
 > like it) should be the home page.  The link to the points of the OSD
 > should be from within the context of the certification mark
 > page only, (where it describes licenses which qualify.)  I'm sure
 > you would want to preserve some of the cheerleading text from
 > the home page, placing it into the certification mark page.  And
 > you would want to split the certification mark page, which is
 > far too long as it is.

These are good suggestions.  They will be turned into reality with the
greatest alacrity if you make them changes yourself and submit them to
us.  If you don't have the time to make this contribution, Forrest,
perhaps someone else on the license-discuss list does?

--
-russ nelson <sig at russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | It's a crime, not an act