free database licenses

Steve Mallett steve at opensourcedirectory.com
Sun Nov 25 12:58:58 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 16:31, M. Drew Streib wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 08:30:46AM -0400, Steve Mallett wrote:
> > Excuse my insolence, but I _personnally_ don't find this that far
> > off-topic (see 'licensing issues" above). Compared to what can be/is
> > discussed at length anyway.
>
> Yeah, I guess I'm one of those that would rather see list traffic become
> more of its original charter, which was a a discuss mechanism for specific
> licenses for digestion before they went to an OSI board. We've long since
> strayed from that... ;)
>
> Maybe license-approve should become a list itself, and could take on this
> charter.
>
> -drew

... I believe something along those lines is in the works.  It would relieve
the list of some of it's traffic for those concerned.

--
Steve Mallett | Stable, Open-Source Apps
steve at opensourcedirectory.com | http://OSDir.org
webmaster at opensource.org
http://open5ource.net   <GPG, Voice, etc.>

"Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good."
        -- Mohandas Gandhi