free database licenses

M. Drew Streib dtype at dtype.org
Tue Nov 27 20:17:31 UTC 2001

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 01:40:28PM -0600, Tom Hull wrote:
> I would like to collect some information about copyright and
> licensing issues for databases. The intent is to build large

I'd suggest that this is probably off-topic for this list, whose purpose
is to discuss licenses for acceptance as 'OSI-approved'.

There is another list in the works, however, that will be announced here
in the next couple of weeks, for more generic discussion on free software
and the law. There are additional lists available as well on free software
and business (http://asylum.sf.ca.us/pub/fsb/) and on peer to