Wonka Public Licence

Chris Gray chris.gray at acunia.com
Thu Nov 15 16:26:53 UTC 2001

Russell Nelson wrote:

> Chris Gray writes:
>  > Suppose I replace the current text at http://wonka.acunia.com by the following:
>  >
>  >               An Open-Source VM
>  >
>  > Wonka is available under a genuine Open Source license conceived
>  > with the needs of embedded system developers in mind: the
>  > conditions it imposes are the same as the well-known BSD licence
>  > [http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.html].  You don't
>  > have to make your entire business open-source in order to use
>  > Wonka, nor do we insist you join a ``community process'' .
>  >
>  > See the licensing page for details.
>
> Whoa!  That would be really cool.

Did I say the right thing?

> You would get the "spin" you desire
> and OSI certification, while minimizing OSI's workload (thanks!), and
> enhancing our reputation.  One thing, though, is that I recommend that
> you take a copy of the license and publish it on your own site.  Not
> because we have any plans to every change the bsd license, but just to
> minimize your legal risk at a very low cost.

If we had a copy on our site we wouldn't be referring to yours. %~
Or are you proposing that we take a `snapshot' of your page and
incorporate it into our site?  That of course we can do (taking care
that the link to your main page still works), providing of course that
you grant permission to create such a `derived work'.

Regards

Chris Gray
VM Architect, ACUNIA