OSD compliant shareware

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Thu Nov 15 15:15:47 UTC 2001

David Johnson wrote:

> If I have not agreed to a license then I have not agreed to the license.

True enough, but assent can be inferred from actions; it need not be
verbal or explicit.  The act of ordering food in a restaurant is assent
to a contract which obliges you to pay for it.

IANAL, TINLA.

> Just because some license declares that I have agreed to it does
> not make it so.

In the case of the GPL, it says "If you agree to these rules, you may do
these things.  If you don't agree, you are not bound, but you can't do
them anyway (because of the copyright law)."

--
Not to perambulate             || John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
    the corridors               || http://www.reutershealth.com