[Approval request] CMGPL licence

Marcel van der Boom marcel at hsdev.com
Wed Nov 7 18:45:57 UTC 2001

Hi,

I would like to have our CMGPL license approved by the OSI.
As per your instructions the following info:

1. HTML page
============
License can be found at http://www.hsdev.com/cmgpl.html Format is plain
makeinfo html output.

2. Existing license relation
============================
The CMGPL is an slight adaptation of the GPL to suit it better to our
business needs. Notably the following changes were made (cosmetic
changes not included)

- deleted the preamble, we will inform our customers in other ways, we
feel the license is the wrong place to do this.
- Changed section 3 first paragraph from
...Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:...
...Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do at least one of the
following:...
-deleted Section 3c
- in the appendix deleted the following text.
"This General Public License does not permit incorporating your program
into proprietary programs.  If your program is a subroutine library, you
may consider it more useful to permit linking proprietary applications
with the library.  If this is what you want to do, use the GNU Library
General Public License instead of this License"

3. Conjunction
the discuss list myself.

--
Marcel van der Boom