lesser GPL restrictions

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at greymalkin.yi.org
Wed Nov 7 13:30:06 UTC 2001

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 06:59:31PM -0800, David Johnson wrote:
> You forgot: Redhat makes a millions bucks off your code but you still live in
> abject poverty.

Red Hat doesn't make proprietary changes to GPL or LGPL code.

> Mentioning companies getting rich off of your code is definitely NOT an
> argument to use against non-copyleft free licenses. So let me rephrase your

My argument is against the enrichment of other at our expense, without sharing back something (at least knowledge). It is not against other companies getting rich.

Do not misinterpret what I wrote.

Hugs, rms

PS: using proprietary changes for internal use is perfectly fine, just the distribution of proprietary changes without sharing anything is sad and unfair.