Wonka Public Licence

Chris Gray chris.gray at acunia.com
Mon Nov 5 10:31:13 UTC 2001

Dear all,

I was disappointed to see that our licence
(URL:http://wonka.acunia.com/wonkapl.html)
seems not to have made it onto the agenda of last Wednesday's meeting.
Since the WPL
is now really just revised-BSD with a polite request tacked onto the end
(we removed an
Apache-style clause because it conflicted with the GPL), I propose that
we self-certify,
so to speak: that is, in our communications we (ACUNIA) simply state
that our licence
is fully compliant with the OSD, just as we assert that it is
GPL-compatible.  Of course
an OSI-certified gong would still be very welcome.

If anyone thinks that this would really suck, please shout.

Best wishes

Chris Gray
VM Architect, ACUNIA