Response to comments on Intel's proposed BSD+Patent license

Randy Kramer rhkramer at fast.net
Sun Nov 4 12:52:25 UTC 2001

Russel,

Thanks for your response!  I'm not exactly clear on what Intel proposes
for patented software, or the implications thereof, but I imagine that
will become clear as I continue to skim the thread.  OK, I went back and
reread some of the thread -- I guess they propose to give a royalty free
license (on the patent) that allows use (only under a GPL'd OS), but not
modification?  I guess I have the gist of it and can follow along now!

Thanks,
Randy Kramer