Common Public License

SamBC sambc at nights.force9.co.uk
Thu May 24 13:35:41 UTC 2001

I believe many countries have a system whereby if a contract is offered in
that country, it cannot be forced to be resolved under other countries'
laws. I could be wrong, IANAL

> In principle you may be right.  But I'm betting that it's because
> the CPL derives from the IBMPL, and IBM is headquartered in
> Armonk, N.Y.

In the US is it necessary to specify a state who's law will be sued, as the
contract law varies greatly. I could be wrong, IANAL.

SamBC