IBM Public License

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri May 11 17:22:08 UTC 2001

The Common Public License is the same as the IBM Public License with the
name "IBM" removed.  IBM submitted that license directly to OSI for approval
because it helped solve a problem that people were having -- specifically,
the ability to use the IBM Public License without having to apply for
modification merely to replace IBM's name with the name of the new licensor.
We encourage other licensors to submit such "template" licenses wherever
possible.

/Larry Rosen