Subscription/Service Fees - OSD Intent

Chris Sloan cds at ghs.com
Sat Mar 31 09:23:56 UTC 2001

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 07:51:15AM -0500, Forrest J Cavalier III wrote:
[...]
> He explained the difference using the example of a museum
> open to the public.  Any member of the public has a "right"
> to enter the museum.  But they still have to pay the admission fee.

I would have said that, precisely speaking, a member of the public
doesn't have "the right to enter the museum."  He has "the right to
enter the museum upon paying admission."

Many rights are limited or assume certain conditions.  Living the the
US, I have the right to free speech, but that doesn't mean that it is
the "right to free speech without limits."

Maybe I missed the distinction you were making.

	Chris

--
Chris Sloan
cds at ghs.com