Subscription/Service Fees - OSD Intent

Lou Grinzo lgrinzo at stny.rr.com
Thu Mar 29 21:37:20 UTC 2001

Devin,

Good points about laws remaining fixed (as in unchanging, not "not broken"
<g>), and also the business about not saying things that don't really need
saying.  But I still contend that we could collectively put together a much
clearer and more comprehensible license.

As an editor an writer in the Linux field for some time, I'm dismayed by all
the e-mail I've received from people asking how to interpret licenses.  Many
of these people are new to the concept of free/open source licensing, but a
sizable percentage aren't, and they've traditionally used the GPL and simply
"thrown code out there" without really understanding what they're doing.  I
think we can do better than that, and it will benefit everyone involved.

Take care,
Lou