Documentation licenses revisited

Jake Bowman jakebmi at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 17:58:28 UTC 2001

This begs the whole question, how can copyleft and
milder forms of copyright licensing be applied to all
IP?

Case in point, the biotech industry's inability to
share database access.  Celera is making a public
scandal by charging public universities big bucks for
access to their genome database, meanwhile the entire
genomics industry is a battleground of competing
proprietary standards.  And proteomics promises to
practically drown us all in proprietary data that's
impossible to interrelate.

Surely, of all the code that should be public, we
should have "source" access to our own DNA?

~jake

Jake Bowman Market Architecture
408.910.6594
jakebmi at yahoo.com