Interesting Microsoft license clause re open source

Danese Cooper Danese.Cooper at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 26 17:52:19 UTC 2001

Its interesting to me that no one has commented on the SCSL in the list of
"open source" licenses listed as "viral" by M$.  Actually the SCSL is
NOT open source (never has been) and is more similar to M$'s own
"shared source" program (which Sun sees as a "me too" first step on
M$ part to distribute source code).  Are they saying that they are
uncomfortable with their own creation (Shared Source)?  Kinda seems
that way.

Danese Cooper
Sun Open Source