Real-World Copyright Assignment

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 20 16:58:10 UTC 2001

begin Greg Herlein quotation:

> Yes, this is what I am leaning towards.  From a practical
> perspective, what is required to legally get the contributors to
> assign copyright to me?  How are other people/orgs doing this,
> and are those methods going to hold up legally?

The problem (and the mechanics of dealing with copyright assignment) are
addressed, in some detail, in FSF's "Information for Maintainers of GNU
Software", http://www.fsf.org/prep/maintain_toc.html .  'Hope that helps!

--
Cheers,             "I used to be on the border of insanity.  However, due
Rick Moen           to pressing political concerns, I recently had to invade."