Request for Comments

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Sun Jan 21 00:02:08 UTC 2001

This is quite a proposal you are presenting on this list. I am unsure what
you want us to do with it other than to say it sounds interesting and to
encourage you to launch the project as an open source project.

I suppose people can e-mail you off-list if they are interested in the
business aspects of your proposal. From what I can tell, I am unsure whether
you are quite ready for license discussions since you seem to be at
preliminary stages in this. I will say this: I agree with those who think
that open source projects are best suited for software development that has
past the stage of  "creation." You are going to give a lawyer a nightmare
assignment, if you do not get this initial stage correct.  I suggest that
you get your creation in some tangible form first, and then re-post to the
list for responses on the licensing issues.

Good luck!

Rod