Cherry-picking license proposals

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Jan 20 20:53:28 UTC 2001

Lawrence E. Rosen writes:
 > One thing I ask you to consider: License review, even for what you think are
 > simple licenses, is not taken lightly by the *volunteer* OSI board.  The
 > board has to read the licenses carefully.  There is no such thing as a "slam
 > dunk" approval.

Sure there is:

                Russ's Public License

This software is copyrighted (C) DATE by AUTHOR.  You may do anything
you want with this software except remove this copyright notice.

Slam dunk.  :)  Too bad that all licenses are more complicated than
this one.  MUCH more complicated.  And once we approve a license, we
can't take it back.  "Failure is not an option."

--
-russ nelson <sig at russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "This is Unix...