Request: Publication of this discussion

kmself at ix.netcom.com kmself at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 17 21:25:05 UTC 2001

on Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 02:58:21PM -0500, Ralf Schwoebel (puzzler at intradat.com) wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> we think that the discussion about IPL reached a point where the board
> will tell us, what we could do.
>
> Until then we have to continue to work and I kindly ask for the
> permission of everybody who posted to "license-discuss" on that
> matter, that we put a prominent link to these mails on our
> www.vshop.org,

Linking should not be an issue, Ticketmaster v. Microsoft and RIAA v.
DeCSS notwithstanding.  Permision to link to or publish my own posts,
with attribution, granted.

> BEFORE somebody downloads the sources and state the uncertainty of the
> approval "Open Source".

It's not uncertain.  It hasn't been granted.  In all likelihood with
your current license, it won't be.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/