Free Software Licensing Strategy -- Some guidelines

Andrew J Bromage Andrew.Bromage at its.monash.edu.au
Tue Jan 16 23:43:58 UTC 2001

G'day all.

Karsten, you've done an excellent job with this.  There is one point
that I'd like to make which might be worth adding, as it's a common
misconception.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 02:11:24AM -0800, kmself at ix.netcom.com wrote:

> The Artistic License is notable for its use with the Perl programming
> language, however, it's a somewhat eclectic and ambiguous document.

The author of Perl and the Artistic License, Larry Wall, has publically
stated several times that it was specifically designed to be used as
part of a dual licensing scheme only.  For example: