boomberg bloopers

Ravicher, Daniel B. DRavicher at brobeck.com
Fri Feb 16 15:01:32 UTC 2001

C'mon now.  This is obviously a very galvanizing article for free software -
open source.  Let's not be sheep and think any news organization is the
pocket of one company.  Remember, when it comes to news, more companies in a
particular market = more competition = more desire for differentiation =
more advertising = more money.  Plus, fighting and confrontation gets people
to read and tune in later for updates.

Since we all have the utmost confidence in the free software concept,
there's nothing to be concerned about.  Let MS argue Linux is bad; that's
their right (and their credibility at stake).  Let MS argue Linux is a
competitor (as they did to Penfield Jackson); that's free press for Free
Software.  To me, this article is a win-win for Free Software.

Dan Ravicher
Brobeck
1633 Broadway, 47th Fl.
NY, NY 10019
p. 212.315.8032
f. 212.586.7878
mailto:dravicher at brobeck.com
http://www.brobeck.com/

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to postmaster at brobeck.com
BROBECK PHLEGER & HARRISON LLP
http://www.brobeck.com