Submission of W3C Software License for Review

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Fri Aug 31 16:12:39 UTC 2001

On Friday 31 August 2001 08:10 am, Joseph Reagle wrote:
> This is a resubmission of the W3C License (first submitted January 2000
> [1]) with your new policy [2].
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions or if this submission is not
> conformant with your policy.

As a member of the community of Open Source developers and users, I recommend
to the approval body that this license be approved forthwith. I would call
attention to the fact that this license is already approved by the Free
Software Foundation as being GPL compatible and suitable for the use in Free
Software projects. The text of the license itself is remarkably similar to
existing Open Source licenses. I have not found any phrase, clause or section
in this license that is contrary to the Open Source Definition.

In addition, I am currently using software released under this license (tidy).

Thank you,

--
David Johnson