License backlog - OSI is making itself irrellevant

nights at nights.f9.co.uk nights at nights.f9.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 15:27:27 UTC 2001

>If OSI can't clear their backlog very soon, OSI certification will become
>irrelevant and SourceForge acceptance will become the preferred test for
>whether a license is open source.

I quite agree. As a constructive suggestion, perhaps the OSI should consider forming volunteer focus groups, like one for each license, to examine each license in as detailed a manner possible and to report to the OSI board for final decision? I am quite sure that there are many people in the world (notably on this list) who would be happy to devote time to this (myself included).

Sam Barnett-Cormack