W3C license

Matthew C. Weigel weigel+ at pitt.edu
Thu Aug 30 22:41:06 UTC 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, David Johnson wrote:

> The page you referenced is not the page containing the software license. This
> is a better link:
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software-19980720

Thanks.

> As to why it has not yet been approved, I couldn't tell you. I
> understand that it is in the queue and being actively considered. I
> see onthing in the license that would prevent its approval, as it is
> a straight forward variation of the BSD and MIT licenses.

Yes, that's the point.  Russ got onto me awhile back for complaining
about the OSI not listening, without sending mail to
osi at opensource.org.  So, I sent a message to osi at opensource.org with
the complaint that they have, for the past I think two years, managed
to not see on license-discuss.

There is no reason to think it is in the queue because it was never
actually listed as being in the queue; they are, for wont of a better
explanation, ignoring it.
--
 Matthew Weigel
 Research Systems Programmer