License Counseling

Daniel MD im-thinking at clix.pt
Mon Aug 27 22:08:21 UTC 2001

Hello, my name is Daniel MD.

I find myself in need of counseling, in the matter's of software licensing,
i would like to know if there is a comparative map of the approved
licenses, if not i would like if someone form this list to council me in
the following issues.

I wish to release a program, and make it open source, everything is
modifiable program and documentation, but other developer's have to report
the modifications to me (the founding member) by sending me a copy of the
modified program or/and application/documentation (this includes a book
copy)for free, i do not need to approve the modifications, they (other
developers) can do what they want with the program and documentation,
modify it and sell it if they wish to do so, or create a book with the
documentation and sell that if they wish to do so, the only requirements is
that the modifications contain a URL (pointing to the development members
names web page), a email address (pointing to the original program mailing
list), and that the developers join themselves to the web page and mailing
list, (users are not obliged to sign in, only developers).

I would like to know which license that already is OSI Certified meets my
needs.

Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.
Daniel MD.