Quick Reference For Choosing a Free Software License

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Mon Aug 13 20:43:15 UTC 2001

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. wrote:

> Actually, adding case law is a good idea. I would recommend a conspicuous
> disclaimer as a header and footer on the page. I forget whether I pointed to
> the one at www.ecommercetax.com as an example.

I note that this disclaimer does *not* say the contents of the pages
are opinion, and refers to them as "information", a word usually
taken to imply the factuality (ordinary sense of "fact", not
trial lawyer's sense of "fact") of the content: information is
knowledge of a particular kind, and what is knowledge must be true
(otherwise it is indeed mere opinion or belief).

> Well, on my first look at the web page, there were more than a couple of
> inaccuracies.

Well, mention them and hopefully they'll get fixed.

--
There is / one art             || John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
no more / no less              || http://www.reutershealth.com