Quick Reference For Choosing a Free Software License

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Aug 12 19:52:18 UTC 2001

begin Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. quotation:

> My main suggestion, however, was that some of the text - - the legal
> stuff - -  should be re-written so it is clear that an opinion of the author
> is being expressed rather than a legal opinion being passed on by the
> author.

Thus the phrase:

   Disclaimers
   This Is Not Legal Advice

   I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice.

Zooko recently appended:

   Note: some lawyers have already written to me to suggest that this
   document _looks_ like legal advice, and that this could get me into
   trouble. While I sincerely appreciate their help, I am unsure how to
   proceed.

I would suggest that one proceeds by not worrying further about people
who for unknown reasons cannot or will not comprehend

--
Cheers,                     Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done.
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com