X.Net, Inc. License

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Aug 9 15:53:03 UTC 2001

Karsten M. Self writes:
 > on Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 01:19:20PM -0400, John Cowan (cowan at mercury.ccil.org) wrote:
 > > Matthew C. Weigel scripsit:
 > >
 > > > My opinion is that "MIT License with specified jurisdiction" should be
 > > > approved, as this seems like a valid concern.
 > >
 > > It should be noted for the record that such licenses are not GPL-compatible.
 >
 > Why?  Because of the "no additional conditions" requirement?

That's the theory.  Given that there's always going to *be* a venue,
it doesn't seem like a problem to specify which one it is.  However
RMS says it's a problem, so obviously it's a problem.

--
-russ nelson <sig at russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |