Quick Reference For Choosing a Free Software License

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Wed Aug 8 18:37:37 UTC 2001

I've written a table comparing a few of the more frequently chosen licenses.

http://zooko.com/license_quick_ref.html

Doubtless, the inaccuracies and biases presented therein will frustrate some
people, but I have observed a need for such a table, and earlier revisions of
this document have satisfied the need, so now I'm going to make it public.

I've tried to be clear about the places where my ignorance and bias show
through.

I very much appreciate corrections and suggestions.

Regards,

Zooko