GPLv2 'web-app loophole'

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Tue Aug 7 04:08:35 UTC 2001

As Larry said, you are asking an incredibly complicated legal question. Two
points: register your work with the Copyright Office immediately
(http://www.loc.gov/copyright/) and hire an attorney. Consulting FSF may be
helpful, but you seem to be presenting a classic case of someone needing
legal assistance. I would discourage you from attempting to judge the merits
of your specific case based on Internet posts.  A second reading of the
facts you presented seem to involve a great deal more than the so-called
web-app exploit of the GPL.

Good luck.

Rod