namespace protection compatible with the OSD?

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu Apr 19 18:24:47 UTC 2001

How easily we slip from concept to concept, in the process losing their
important distinctions!  Arguably, the Digital Millenium Copyright Act
(DMCA) can be used to prevent reverse engineering of MS software.  However,
any who wants to can watch Win32's behavior on a computer and independently
implement software to behave identically.  That "reimplementation" is
entirely legal and cannot be prevented -- except by patent protection.

/Larry Rosen
650-216-1597
lrosen at rosenlaw.com
www.rosenlaw.com