namespace protection compatible with the OSD?

Dave J Woolley david.woolley at bts.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 18:22:01 UTC 2001

> From:	Lawrence E. Rosen [SMTP:lrosen at rosenlaw.com]
>
> hypocrisy.  As the open source community has long since proven repeatedly,
> particularly with its contributions to Internet-related software, the
> enforcement of appropriate standards can be encouraged and achieved
> without
> recourse to licenses that prevent effective open source development.

[DJW:]  However, my impression is that that only holds
whilst the implementation is in the open source arena.
Closed source developers tend to be the ones that create
the greatest travesties of open standards, so it is possibly
not surprising that the same people are wary of creating
open standards - they may be judging other people by
their own standards.