OpenLDAP license

Frank LaMonica frankl at valinux.com
Sun Apr 15 13:36:11 UTC 2001

David,
I agree with you completely.  BSD is one of the only software licenses
that allows PEOPLE the freedom they need to establish their own business
objectives.  I would go even further to say that there are only three
things that are both necessary and sufficient for software in order to
allow the benefits of open source to be realized by the computer
industry.  They are: open API's, data formats, and OS infrastructure.
Any software that attempts to control, restrict, place royalties upon,
or hinder in any way, any of those three aspects of open source, should
be rejected in an open source system.  Any other software that is
released with full source code is nice, but not at all necessary.
Regards,
Frank