OpenLDAP license

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Apr 12 19:53:44 UTC 2001

Frank Hecker writes:
 > I spoiled my example. I meant to add that the terms for the source code
 > would be proprietary. Thus in my hypothetical example the source code
 > distribution would not be "OSI Certified Open Source Software" but the
 > binary distribution would be.

I agree that this is not clear as it should be.  Arguably it should be
addressed by having two sets of requirements: one for source code, and
another for binaries.  One of the requirements on the latter is that
the source code must be OSI Certified Open Source, and it must
actually be available.

--
-russ nelson will be speaking at http://www.osdn.com/conferences/brie/
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | T-568-B rules!