APSL 1.2

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Apr 5 04:02:50 UTC 2001

David Johnson writes:
 > I would definitely try to get Stallman's approval.

We did.  Stallman is not a monomaniac.  Some things are more important
to him than the amount of freely copyable software.  One of these is
the freedom not to disclose things you have done privately.

 > Is there a pressing need or interest for private use to be disclosed?

Apple wants it in there, and there's nothing in the Open Source
Definition that allows us to require them to remove it.

--
-russ nelson will be speaking at http://www.osdn.com/conferences/brie/
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | T-568-B rules!