Plan 9 license

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Fri Sep 1 14:31:55 UTC 2000

Hmm... I wish I had noticed the context of the statements below. I missed
the thread of this discussion.

I am puzzled why the GPL permits private (or in-house) distributions of
modifications to be kept private; the advantages seem to be outweighed by
the disadvantages. Doesn't this essentially keep a good deal of software
development secret or undisclosed?

Rod