OpenSales -- DRAFT developers agreement

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Fri Sep 1 02:25:18 UTC 2000

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, kmself at ix.netcom.com wrote:

> This is a crux question:  is the GPL in and of itself sufficient
> protection to both contributors and code maintainers, including in the
> instance of a corporate code maintainer, or isn't it:

Let's dig a little deeper for an even more important question. What is
it as code maintainer do you want protection from? Protection from the
contributor?

Thinking about his whole agreement overnight, I have my own question.
Why not just ask for a simple copyright assignment, then your agreement
really can have consideration, as a promise to keep the code under the
GPL.

--
David Johnson