Linux 0.97 is under GPL, isn't it?

kmself at ix.netcom.com kmself at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 31 18:50:08 UTC 2000

on Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 07:38:20PM +0100, Sven Dehmlow (sven_dehmlow at gmx.de) wrote:
> Well, to ask Linus is a good idea, but it only makes sense if Linus answers
> and I'm not sure about that...

You're not going to find that out writing here.

If Linus doesn't respond, I'd go to Linux International and/or its
members.  At some point, you'll find someone with a sufficiently empty
mailbox that they'll see your question and either respond or escalate it
for you.  Alan Cox is another reasonable bet, Don Becker or Ted T'so as
well, and likely to be less swamped than Linus.

My experience in general has been that members of the free software
community are extremely approachable and responsive by email,
particularly for short questions.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>     http://www.netcom.com/~kmself