simpleLinux Open Documentation License (sLODL)

nights nights at nights.f9.co.uk
Sun Oct 1 22:10:53 UTC 2000

Consider:    You want people to be able to copy freely (can do that in
copyright notification easily, yeah). You want people to be able to modify,
comment, and re-use the work, while it remaining *completely* clear which
parts are the original work (without having to read a sperate document). You
want the license to clearly tackle issues such as quotation, referencing,
republication in other (non-transparent) media. The only other liecnse doing
this is the GNU FDL, which does it wrong IMHO, by being too complex and
legalistic, and rather unclear.