Free documentation licenses

Mitchell Baker mitchell at mozilla.org
Tue Nov 28 22:43:13 UTC 2000

We're also trying to figure out a documentation license for the Mozilla
Project.  One reason we've talked about using the same license for
documentation and code is that it can be difficult to separate the two.
For example, the Help documentation is included in electronic format as
part of the source code.  It seems odd to treat this documentation under
one license in this format and under another license if it's printed.
And even odder to say that the help documentation in the code is not
governed by the MPL, but by a different documenation license.

Has anyone sorted through this type of problem?

Apologies if this has been discussed and I missed the thread.

Mitchell