LGPL clarification

Bryan George bgeorge at mitre.org
Wed Nov 1 19:45:38 UTC 2000

Naturally, I thought about the CVW license, but since the alternatives
are the MPL, which FSF specifically doesn't like, and GPL, which
precludes binary distribution sans code under any circumstances, it
doesn't quite hit the spot.

I'm beginning to settle in on the notion of invoking GPL + special
dispensation for linked executables, plus maybe CVW-like government
contract rights (is that necessary if the license if GPL-derived?).
Have I proposed any gotchas as far as OSI is concerned?  I can't imagine
FSF barking too loudly, since they have similar licenses for Guile,
etc..

Thanks for the lively discussion - very enlightening!

Bryan

--
Dr. Bryan George                     Phone: +1 (703) 883-5458
Lead Signal Processing Engineer      FAX:   +1 (703) 883-6708
The MITRE Corporation                Email: bgeorge at mitre.org
1820 Dolley Madison Blvd., M/S W622  Internet: http://www.mitre.org
McLean, VA 22102-3481 USA