License for JavaScript applications

mitchell baker mitchell at mozilla.org
Fri May 19 17:52:35 UTC 2000

Also,  the MPL define the source version as the "preferred form for making
modifications".  We used this definition precisely to pick up setting like you
describe.  So the MPL would work fine if you like the license.

When we wrote the MPL, we adopted this idea (of source as the preferred form for
making modifications) from  GPL practices.  So I assume the GPL works the same
way.  But I don't claim to have particular knowledge for the GPL, others are far
more knowledgable than I about the GPL.

Mitchell Baker