CSuite

laurent.duperval at cgi.ca laurent.duperval at cgi.ca
Wed May 10 18:53:46 UTC 2000

On 10 May, John Cowan wrote:
> On a personal note: I would characterize this whole license as "attempting
> to force customers to do the Right Thing".  I believe the spirit of the
> open-source movement is better served when people are allowed to do the
> Right Thing.

Interesting comment. How do you characterise the GPL? In effect, the GPL
coerces (forces?) you into "freeing" your source code. Mind you, I've always
been a proponent of the GPL until its terms and conditions bit me today (see
my earlier messages).

Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
CGI - SARM Project                        and we who are here have failed it."
Phone: (514) 350-3368                                           -Doug Camilli
mailto:laurent.duperval at cgi.ca      Penguin Power!